Thursday Thirteen #82
13 Things About Dane Bramage
13 Fun Facts About Walking
Friends to the rescue again. This time Kathy from Florida sent me an Email with these 13 facts about walking and the benefits of exercise. I may have modified a few.
- Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $7000 per month.
- My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60.. Now he's 97 years old and we don't know where the heck he is.
- I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
- I have to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
- I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.
- We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
- I do have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.
- If you don't get enough of a workout everyday pulling your own weight or pushing your luck, just add about 1000 diddley squats.
- I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years,...... just getting over the hill.
- If the benefits of walking aren't readily apparent then look at my mail carrier. He's shaped like Jabba the Hut.
- The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll say, 'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'
So get out there and walk!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants