Thursday Thirteen #40
13 things about Dane Bramage
13 Insults with Class
I get many things from friends in email. Karl sent me this list of insults, but they aren't your typical "Your Momma wears boxers" type insult. These are a thinking man's insult. Now just let me say that I have no way of knowing whether the people these quotes are attributed to actually said them. So if you know something and I don't then leave a comment and just take these in the spirit they are given, a mean vicious snide spirit!
- "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." -- Clarence Darrow
- "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -- Groucho Marx
- "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain
- "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play. Bring a friend...if you have one." -- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill
- "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second...if there is one." -- Winston Churchill, in response
- "I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." -- Stephen Bishop
- "He is a self-made man and worships his creator." -- John Bright
- "He has Van Gogh's ear for music." -- Billy Wilder
- "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -- Oscar Wilde
- "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." -- Irvin S. Cobb
- "He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others." -- Samuel Johnson
- "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination." -- Andrew Lang
- "There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure." -- Jack E. Leonard
People don't insult each other like they used to. The email had another 15 insults so I will save them for another T13.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants