Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #79



Thursday Thirteen #79


13 Things About Dane Bramage
13 Songs by the iPod Mystery Artist


When I get buried at work like I have been lately, I like to listen to my MP3 player (since I don't really own an iPod). Well here are thirteen songs by the mystery artist(s). I am pretty sure you will have it figured out by number 13!

  1. Gloria

  2. So You Say

  3. Joy Spring

  4. Twilight Tone

    I never knew there was a video for this song. An absolute fav.

  5. Body and Soul

  6. Shaker Song

  7. Four Brothers

  8. Night in Tunisia

  9. Java Jive

  10. Operator

  11. Birdland

    This was such a find. There are only two acceptable versions of the song Birdland. The original by Weather Report and the version by the mystery artist. BOTH OF THEM PERFORM IN THIS VIDEO! How cool is that?

  12. Soul Food to Go

  13. Boy from New York City

    Okay if you don't know by now then this signature song should give it away.

Leave your guess in the comments.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

8 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

I have no earthly idea! My brain is too tired. But I always love the way you do your TT!

Anonymous said...

Manhattan Transfer?! God I love their songs...so it was easy for me to guess! ;)

Happy TT!

Malcolm said...

The Manhattan Transfer seemed to be everywhere in the late 70s and early 80s. I also liked their version of "Trickle Trickle". I remember also enjoying the video clip they did for "Blee Blop Blues". As you might know, it was an homage to "I Love Lucy" with the group members dressed as Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel.

Unknown said...

Wow there's some oldies here. Fun list. Happy T13!

Darla said...

Oooh, Manhattan Transfer! One of my absolute favorites.

Lori Watson said...

#1 is a favorite of mine, fun to sing along with!

Great TT, as usual. :-)

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I've noticed a lot of music themes this week. Very entertaining.

Darla said...

Thanks for pointing out my missing link--here's the correct one.