Chester Street: Once Saved, always saved
After a very long and tiered conversation with someone who thinks they can lose their salvation, I will post this list [shamelessly stolen from Melvin's Essays] Link is Here.Thanks Mark! Strange though, I run into people who swear they can lose their salvation when they sin but they haven't lost theirs yet. Hmmm. You gotta love those perfect human beings.
Here is what must happen every time you sin and LOSE your salvation.
1. I have to lose my eternal life – which, or course, isn’t eternal if I can lose it.
2. I have to cease to be the new creation and become an old creation again.
3. I have to cease to be a child of God – He has to disown me.
4. I have to again become a child of wrath.
5. I have to cease to be a child of Light and become a child of darkness again.
6. I have to be removed from the body of Christ – un-baptized as it were.
7. I have to come alive again, outside of Christ.
8. I have to get unburied and un-united in my burial with Christ.
9. I have to take myself out of Jesus’ hand.
10. I have to take myself out of the Father’s hand.
11. I have to be transferred back to the kingdom of darkness.
12. I have to be unsealed for the day of redemption.
13. I have to some how come alive again to the power of sin.
...and of course, after I have repented, God does it all over again! Yeh, ok...