Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm Back! Did You Miss Me?

Well I am back to my normal work schedule. I work from 9:30am to 6:30pm. Some of you might think that my job is not critical which would allow me to come in a full hour after everybody else. Well you’re wrong! I am so indispensable that no one dares questions my comings and goings and when I say I am NOT rolling out of bed before 8:00 then I am NOT rolling out of bed before 8:00.

Did you ever have that nightmare where you come home and find that your parents had moved and didn’t tell you? (It happened to a friend of mine in high school but I digress.) Well when I got back to the office I found that my boss and other members of my department had relocated to another area on the floor. That wasn’t too traumatic but until I move I am sitting next to my boss’s boss who is the CIO for the entire corporation. I set all this up to say this:

BLOGGIN’ OUTLOUD IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

I didn’t want to come back from a leave of absence and start harping on one of my blog buddies but Lyn Perry, you should replace the PG on your header with NSFW! I was sitting at my desk reading beth’s wonderful Daily Brew about political statements and lawsuits when all of a sudden “BONG! BONG! BONG! BONG! BONG! BONG! It sounded like we were next to Big Ben! As late as I work, the CIO works later! So she was at her desk when this occurred. If that wasn’t bad enough, we have an open work environment. That means there are no walls, no one has an ‘office’ and things are normally very quiet. That is until 6:00 at Bloggin’ Outloud. Lyn’s little blogthing clock was heard from one end of the floor to the other.

It was all over before I could get to the volume controls. I just kind of said “Oh it must be six o’clock hee hee”. The CIO just said, “I think you’re right. “

I am hoping I still have a job tomorrow. If not, me and my two nieces and three nephews, and the four cats, one dog and two white people living in my basement are all moving to Kansas. Clean out the guest room Lyn!

UPDATE: I have been informed by the white man living in the basement that there are in fact SIX cats instead of the previously reported four cats.

No comments: