Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #23

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday Thirteen #23


13 things about Dane Bramage

Christmas Carols Edition

I am absolutely buried at work and Thursday snuck up on me. I was going to blow it off completely but as I sat here listening to Christmas music, I thought it would be nice for me (and quick too!) to list My 13 Favorite Christmas songs. So in no particular order:
  1. O Holy Night. My absolute favorite. I have about six or seven versions including Jewel, Tracey Chapman, Patti LaBelle and a mens choir whose name escapes me.

  2. Carol of the Bells. Instrumental or vocal I love this classic. I have the Veinna Boys Choir and Manheim Steamroller to name a few.

  3. I Wonder as I Wander I have to sing this solo in front of the Church on Christmas Eve

  4. Beautiful Star of Bethlehem I have to sing this with the men's quintet on Sunday

  5. Il Est Ne Le Divin Enfant C'est Magnifique! Dr. John has a version. Must be the Creole in him.

  6. Hark The Harold Angels Sing A favorite since I was a kid.

  7. Sleigh Ride Okay lets start with Authur Fiedler and the Boston Pops, and then there's Harry Connick Jr., Manhattan Transfer, The Salsoul Orchestra, Billy Gilman with Charlotte Church, and the Spice Girls. You think I might be fond of this one?

  8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen It just wouldn't be Christmas without hearing this song.

  9. Silver Bells Another one that I have a bunch of versions of including Diana Ross and the Supremes

  10. This Christmas A great song by the late Donny Hathaway. There are several other versions out too but his is best.

  11. Christmas Time is Here A classic by the late Vince Guaraldi from 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'. If you do not have the soundtrack go get it now. Every tune on it is a treasure.

  12. Merry Christmas From the Family I laugh every time I hear this song and shudder at how close it gets to how some family Christmases go. I recommend the Robert Earl Keen version and NOT the Dixie Chicks/Rosie O'Donnell version

  13. Christmas Wrappings A guilty pleasure but I have to hear this song by the Waitresses at least once during the Christmas season.




1. my 2 cents
2. Becky
3. JAM
4. rashenbo
5. Lindsey
6. Chickadee
7. Kukka-Maria
8. amy
9. KarenW
10. Tink
11. ali
12. Susan Helene Gottfried
13. Tug
14. dawn
15. Dani
16. Norma
17. Maniyak



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: