Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Monday, June 18, 2007

KFC: We Do Chickens In

Ya know, some people just don't understand the whole food chain concept. Things at the top of the chain eat things lower down. Generally the things eaten are usually dead and in many cases their death has to be brought about.

Well tree huggers feel that somehow we should be kind to our food. Specifically PETA feels KFC needs to be nicer to chickens. They have a website where you can generate a sign. So I did. I don't think they would like it though. Being an old farm boy I grew up where parents would tell their kids "We're having chicken tonight, go get me a couple." And the kids would grab the chickens by the neck and wring them until their heads popped off. Oddly I wasn't scarred nor do I need therapy. Plus I eat KFC without a twinge of guilt.

I don't think people should intentionally torture animals. But is what KFC doing torture? Do the chickens know? Perhaps the PETA spokes person for this cause, Pamela Anderson, could tell us what the chickens are feeling. Or not.

No comments: