Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Bramage Report

Some things that have been on my mind

Tookie


It has been widely reported, and commented on in the blogosphere. Stanley “Tookie” Williams is scheduled to die by lethal injection Dec. 13th. There is a big “Clemency for Tookie” movement replete with moonbat celebrities asking that Tookie’s life be spared. Danny Glover and Snoop Dogg head a list of anti-death penalty crusaders on Tookie's behalf. Some are using the Christian argument pointing to Tookie’s good works and Nobel Peace Prize nomination as signs of a redeemed soul.

The way I see it, Tookie deserves to die. As a Christian I am delighted that he may have received Christ and therefore has been forgiven. But as I have said on this blog several times before, forgiveness does not exempt you from the consequences of your sin. We should not lose sight of the fact that he took four lives. Those lives didn't magically reappear when Tookie turned over a new leaf. Let Tookie keep his appointment with the needle.

Bartinelli and Van Halen Split


This really saddens me and I feel for their son Wolfgang Van Halen. The reason being I genuinely want married people to succeed at marriage. Usually the Hollywood marriages which last from a couple months to 5 years don’t bother me when they fail. They don’t know what marriage is about and it is no shock when they dump their partners and trade them in for new partners.

The way I see it, Valerie and Eddie worked at marriage. They were married for 24 years. You could fit 20 to 30 average Hollywood marriages into that span. This could not have been an easy decision.

On a similar note, Eminem is apparently reconciling with his ex-wife. Some reports say they will remarry. I am not an Eminem fan but I pray that he and Kim make it work this time around.

Dr. Condoleezza Rice


Thanks to chrys at pettifog for this link Yahoo news photos Condoleezza Rice

The way I see it, I can now cyber stalk keep close tabs on the relevant happenings concerning the good Doctor.

Churches Closing for Christmas


Whenever Christmas falls on a Sunday something incredibly stupid happens. Churches close. The media makes a big deal about the really big churches closing because they love to point out alleged Christian hypocrisy.

The way I see it, it is not Christian hypocrisy. Because the churches that close their doors on Christmas aren't Christian regardless of what their sign says or what denomination they claim to be. Christ died for the church. So you want to honor Him by closing the church? To all the "pastors" of the churches that will not be open on Christmas day, I say to you, GET RIGHT WITH GOD!

No comments: