Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Monday, December 12, 2005

Tookie to Assume Room Temperature

The courts denied his last appeal.  The Governator said “Terminate him!” It looks like Stanley “Tookie” Williams will keep his 25 year old date with the needle.  I will be asleep as it will be 3:01 am here in the Buckeye State. I will rest comfortably knowing that the families of his four victims will finally have justice.

I don’t understand the Danny Glovers, Jamie Foxxes, and Susan Sarandons of this world. They throw their celebrity/political clout into coddling a murderer like Tookie but never said one word about the victims or their families.  Their brand of compassion stinks.

Tookie said he found redemption. I wonder what he meant. If he fond the kind that only Jesus can give then I will have a few questions for him when I get to Heaven.  Questions like if he was so redeemed why didn’t he ever help the authorities take down the gang he helped create? Yeah I’ll ask him, if I can find him.

No comments: