Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Best of Dane Bramage

The Best of Dane Bramage

I did a quick scan of the posts I made over the last year and I decided to list and link to my better stuff. Given how much work this has been for one year I am hesitant to announce whether or not this will be a yearly thing.  Anyway here is some of what I consider “Best of “material.  

To start things off I have So If Your Name is Kevin, Why is This Blog Called Dane Bramage?  Has a little background on why I blog and why I call this blog what I do.

It seems like people everywhere were seeing the Virgin Mary. Virgin Mary Blows into Windy City was one such instance.  Virgin Mary Blows Through Northern Italy was another.

I really liked blogging about the Smithee awards. And the award for "Stupidest Looking Monster" goes to...  has the background and The Smithee Awards Report  has the actual 2005 award show review. I fully plan to attend again this year.  Maybe I’ll skip the near-death infection this time.

As a black conservative Republican I am at political odds with most of my fellow African Americans. Using Rosa Parks is just one such case.

I made my feelings about Katrina known in a Homespun Blogger Symposium post HBS How Do You Feel About Hurricane Katrina

And I took a personal look at suicide and euthanasia in Killing Ones Self Is Such a Hassle

And of course how could I forget about the U.N. bombing the Smurfs. Tra La LaLaLaLa La La La La BOOM!  

I took a bunch of quizzes and answered a couple memes.  I linked to a lot of work that other people did especially covering the Religion of Peace.  All and all it was a good year. I am not planning to make any changes to my format or the things I usually comment on.  Feedback has been favorable. I haven’t had any trolls, which probably means I need to get noticed by more people.  So for my second year I will work a little harder to post regularly and be more of a link whore.    

No comments: