Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #15

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

Thursday Thirteen #15


13 things about Dane Bramage

The Repeat Real Me Edition

In honor of being too busy to blog, I am reposting my first Thursday Thirteen. Here are 13 things about me that may or may not be true. Can you guess which ones are true?
  1. My middle name is Dane

  2. As a high school freshman I was voted Best Guy In Class and never knew I was nominated until I won

  3. There are six cats and a dog living in my basement

  4. I attended Carnegie Mellon University (but never finished)

  5. I have a cousin who won two grammy awards

  6. Ed Asner and Maureen Stapleton filmed a movie at my high school

  7. I met Jesse Owens at the first Revco Cleveland Marathon

  8. I have been to all four coasts of this great country

  9. At one time I really wanted to visit the Planet of Bouncy Mary-Lou Retton Clones

  10. I have never been arrested

  11. The musical performers I have seen live the most are The Manhatten Transfer and Gladys Knight and the Pips

  12. I was a jock in high school and league champion in discus

  13. While out witnessing for Christ, a man answered the door pointing an assault rifle (I still invited him to church)

UPDATE: The answers are below the fold. Go to the end of the post and click "We want to read more!"

  • 13. TRUE. It happened so fast. My soulwinning partner and I stood in front of the door and I knocked. A young man dressed in fatigues and a white tee shirt answered the door with a huge assault rifle pointing it at us! I had a tract in my hand and I slowly held it out and told him who we were. He never said a word, just shook his head and closed the door. Stranger than that was the fact that after we told the folks at church about it, one of the deacons insisted I take him back there so he could talk to the young man. He wasn't home the second time.

  • 12. TRUE. I played football, basketball and track in high school. I lettered in football and track and in my senior year I was the Interstate Prepatory League Champion in discus.

  • 11. TRUE. I have seen The Manhattan Transfer in concert 5 times and Gladys Knight 3 times. Followed by Earth Wind and Fire twice and Ray Charles twice.

  • 10. TRUE. Not even once

  • 9. TRUE. As I posted in the comments,"Ah, Mary-Lou Retton. I had such a crush on her. She's just so wholesome! So when I learned that there was a planet of Bouncy Mary-Lou Retton Clones (from Bloom County if you didn't get the reference) I wanted to sign on with Cutter John and the crew of the "Enterpoop" and set a course there. Figuratively speaking of course."

  • 8. TRUE. I've been to New York, Louisiana, California, and of course I live on the North Coast in Ohio.

  • 7. TRUE. The starting point for the first ever Cleveland Marathon was in Hudson Ohio at my Alma Mater. Jesse Owens was there as a guest of honor and I got to talk to him (one trackman to another, how cool was that!) and I got his autograph.

  • 6. TRUE. Ed Asner and Maurine Stapelton filmed "The Gathering" at my high school. They displaced the Headmaster from his residence and filmed in the house. They used neighboring areas like Chagrin Falls for scenes and had our glee club as carolers. (Rumor has it that the glee club voices had to be dubbed because they were far to polished to pass off as regular carolers). They also shared the dinning hall although their food was catered and we still had to eat mystery meat. On of the perks was during one chapel service the actors held a Q & A session.

  • 5. TRUE. I am cousin to James Ingram who grew up here. I went to school with his younger brother Philip (who became a member of the band Switch) and sister Janice.

  • 4. TRUE. I went for a year and a half trying to get a degree in Mechanical Engineering but I lacked the discipline for that discipline. It was fun living literally in Mr. Rogers neighborhood (the TV station was a couple blocks from campus) and joining a fraternity.

  • 3. TRUE. Along with their owners, my friend Dave and his wife.

  • 2. TRUE. There were two "couples" nominated even though none of us were an actual couple and they were supposed to be individual awards. Beth and Brad were white, I and Tama were black. I think voting was along racial lines and since there were more blacks at Goodyear Junior High, we won. I wasn't even aware of the "competition" until I saw it in the layout of the school paper. I don't even remember when they voted on it. It is something I think about with great amusement today.

  • 1. FALSE. When I was a kid I thought my middle name was Jessille. Then when I got a copy of my birth certificate I saw that it was Jessio. Well my late father told me it is actually Jessenio after some friend or relative. So honestly I don't know what my middle name is except that it is NOT Dane.


1. Melissa
2. JAM
3. Diane
4. The Random Yak
5. SMD
6. Dani
7. Tracie
8. KarenW
9. my 2 cents
10. Kukka-Maria
11. Shaylondon
12. JO
13. Cheysuli
14. Andrea
15. Patchwork Anahata
16. Brony
17. celfyddydau



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: