Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #25

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday Thirteen #25


13 things about Dane Bramage

Favorite TV Shows

Well I knew I had to get around to it eventually. I would have to come up with 13 T.V. shows that weren't SpongeBob Squarepants and put them in a list. First the history, since after all, this is all about me. Once upon a time I was a walking T.V. Guide. I could tell you what was on when and who were the stars. I watched so much television I thought I'd turn into one. Not anymore. Since I started living a Christian life, television has gotten less important. It has also gotten more violent and morally corrupt and the amount of nudity makes me nauseous. As of this moment in time, there is only one network show that I watch (assuming you consider CW a network) and it is Smallville. And you know I might stop watching it. Lana Lang (Kristen Kreuk) has turned into such a slut kitten, and all the females on the show are having illicit sex. I do watch other shows but their new seasons haven't started yet. So my list consists of shows new and old that I have enjoyed in my life
  1. Smallville This season Clark Kent isn't the only hero in town. I like Green Arrow but as I mentioned earlier, Lana has been in the sack a lot lately.

  2. Stargate Atlantis I wasn't sure I would like the show but the characters and situations have grown on me. I like SG-1 too and am sad to see it go

  3. Doctor Who I am a Doctor Who fan from the Tom Baker days. I love the new series despite a serious liberal slant and a couple jabs at GW Bush.

  4. Hill Street Blues I was in front of the set every night this show came on. It had a shaky start but NBC kept the faith and didn't pull it, a move that paid off. I also liked St. Elsewhere from the same people.

  5. Northern Exposure I loved this show when it was on. Janine Turner a total hotty. I sometimes imagined living in a place like Cicely. Oddly I cared the least for Rob Morrow's character, Dr. Joel Fleischman, but I never saw an episode after he left.

  6. Star Trek Okay I loved most things Trek. I loved the original series. I even liked the cartoon version. I was ecstatic when the Next Generation aired. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased by Deep Space Nine. I even fell in love with Voyager. I was very disappointed with Enterprise except with the casting of Scott Bakula. There are rumors of a new Trek with Kirk and Spock in the early days. I hate it already without even seeing it. Enterprise should have taught them a valuable lesson in revisionist history.


  7. The rest of the list is below the fold. Go to the end of the post and click "We want to read more!"

  8. Quantum Leap I'm a Leap Head. What an awesome show. Where else could you get weekly life drama with the sci-fi in the background? Nowhere. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell were consistently great.

  9. The Six Million Dollar Man In a time when Sci-fi on television was scarce, Steve Austin made life bearable. I would wait anxiously every Friday for the new episode. I even bought a new fangled snack food called Pringles. How'd they do that to those chips? I watched SMDM and even The Bionic Woman. Things got really weird when they were on separate networks.

  10. Night Gallery Rod Serling was warped. I'm warped. Hence the attraction. Night Gallery usually had shorter stories than Twilight Zone which appealed to my adolescent attention span.

  11. The Name of the Game Back when I was young and naive and thought that magazines and other print media cared about truth more than agenda, there was The Name of the Game. Each week was a show that starred either Gene Barry, Tony Franciosa, or Robert Stack. Occasionally they had guest stars as the main character too. They were magazine editors/reporters and were always in some deep trouble getting a story for their magazine. I think Stack worked for Crime magazine and Franciosa worked on People (before there was a People magazine.) Don't ask me why a nine year old boy would like this show, I just did. I also watched it in syndication years later in high school, late at night after SNL. I found I still liked the shows.

  12. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I thought the film was funny but I wasn't sure I would watch a television show about Buffy. The first season was a little shaky but after that I was hooked. I loved the characters and the villains and life in Sunnydale in general. The writing was excellent and witty. I was really sad to see Sara Michelle Geller hang up her stake. I also loved the spinoff, Angel. I think it's run was too short.

  13. M*A*S*H What can you say about a show that lasted three times longer than the conflict it portrayed? I loved the show. I was glued to the set when it was on. It was on during my transition from childhood to adulthood. weird to think about it that way but I started watching it as a kid. Some of the characters really changed over the life of the show.

  14. Mythbusters I have never gotten into the whole "reality TV" thing except with the Discovery Channel. I love Mythbusters. The hosts Adam and Jamie are perfect and the things they do are downright entertaining. Cast in that same mold is Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs. I wish I had a dirty job so they would come out and do a show but working in a soap factory doesn't present many dirty opportunities.

Okay you are saying "What about Friends Dane? And surely you watched Seinfeld!" Nope. Not an episode. They are not even on my radar. Now I would add Law and Order and the vegetable soup spin offs. They have been consistently well done and have been on forever. But I never watched them regularly. I have this weird thing going on though. If I sit down and catch the first few minutes of a Law and Order episode, I generally have to sit through the whole thing. Don't know why I just do. So I avoid channel surfing late at night for that reason. Leave a favorite show with you comment!
1. my 2 cents
2. Raggedy
3. Caylynn
4. Chelle Y.
5. JAM
6. Lisa
7. she
8. Christine
9. Karla ~ Looking Towards Heaven
10. Barbara H.
11. Christine d'Abo
12. Debby
13. laura
14. KarenW
15. Nathalitanis
16. carmen


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: