Thursday Thirteen #33
13 things about Dane Bramage
13 Quotes About Men
This is late I know but things have been crazy. I am still getting over a nasty cold and we are short handed at work. But here it is my Thursday Thirteen. Dave Barry says this about men:
The obvious and fair solution to the housework problem is to let men do the housework for, say, the next six thousand years, to even things up. The trouble is that men, over the years, have developed an inflated notion of the importance of everything they do, so that before long they would turn housework into just as much of a charade as business is now. They would hire secretaries and buy computers and fly off to housework conferences in Bermuda, but they'd never clean anything.And that is the theme of this weeks Thursday Thirteen. Quotes about men.
- Marlene Dietrich The average man is more interested in a woman who is interested in him than he is in a woman with beautiful legs.
- Ellen Glasgow Women are one of the Almighty's enigmas to prove to men that He knows more than they do.
- Jean Kerr Marrying a man is like buying something you've been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn't always go with everything else in the house.
- Erma Bombeck What's with you men? Would hair stop growing on your chest if you asked directions somewhere?
- Roseanne Barr Men can read maps better than women. 'Cause only the male mind could conceive of one inch equaling a hundred miles.
- Natalie Wood The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he is a baby.
- Mignon McLaughlin Women are the right age for just a few years; men, for most of their lives.
- Mae West Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.
- Farrah Fawcett God made man stronger but not necessarily more intelligent. He gave women intuition and femininity. And, used properly, that combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met.
- Jim Backus Many a man owes his success to his first wife, and his second wife to his success.
- Rita Rudner The old theory was "Marry an older man, because they're more mature." But the new theory is: "Men don't mature. Marry a younger one."
- Zsa Zsa Gabor I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
- Chocolate Waters If they can put one man on the moon why can't they put them all there?
Well as you can see, not everyone has a high opinion of the stronger gender. Just one more quote from Anita Wise:
A lot of guys think the larger a woman's breasts are, the less intelligent she is. I don't think it works like that. I think it's the opposite. I think the larger a woman's breasts are, the less intelligent the men become.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants