Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Voted Today- NOT!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For the last month or so there have been reminders all over town to "REMEMBER TO VOTE ON SEPTEMBER 11TH". Well I remembered and went to the polling place this morning. I showed my proper I.D. I was a amazed at the huge notice declaring that poll workers would not ask for positive proof of citizenship. Made me wonder how many illegals were voting. But that's a subject for another post. I was all set to cast my ballot when the worker looked at me and said;
Sir, you are registered as a Republican. This is a Democratic election. You can still vote if you want to but you have to change your party affiliation.
Ha! Nice try comrade. Okay I should have known something was up it being only September but I wasn't sure if there were some special issues that needed addressed or what. I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. Besides you think with all the bazillion reminder signs about voting today, at least one would have mentioned Democrats Only.
I plead insanity. My life has been crazy and I thought it would be over by now (my situation not my life) but the drama continues.

No comments: