Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Friday, November 02, 2007

Now And Again You Get What You Want

In 2000 there was a television show on CBS called Now and Again. I never saw it then. I saw it years later on Bravo during their "Brilliant But Canceled" series. In a nutshell, a doctor/scientist played by Dennis Haysbert constructs an twenty six year old superman played by Eric Close, for the U.S. government. Unable to construct a "mind" they harvest John Goodman's forty something brain and put it in the body. The show lasted one season but long enough to show incredible potential in writing. I felt bad for the character Michael "Newman" because the wife he loved was grieving for him and the daughter he raised had to go on without him and yet he was still around, unknown to them and unable to interact with his family. But he does anyway even under "threat" of having them killed. I mean wouldn't you? He obviously can't tell them who he really is. He constantly bumps into them while out saving the country from evil doers. The story lines were imaginative and thought provoking as well as warm and touching.

So why the interest? Well I have already done next week's Thursday Thirteen and it is about T.V. theme songs. Now and Again had a great theme song by Narada Michael Walden. I linked the theme song(s) found at YouTube. I was lamenting the fact that there wasn't a clip avalable and voila! I also found a music video with scenes from the the show. I am in heaven! So here is the video and the song for this great show.

No comments: