Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Friday, July 14, 2006

I Pity the Fool Who Messes With Mr. T

T.V. action star Mr. T has shed all of his signature gold bling after an epiphany in post-Katrina New Orleans. And he is very vocal with his opinion about some fellow celebrities' motivation in showing up in Louisiana.
'As a spiritual man, I felt it would be a sin against my God for me to wear all that gold again because I spent a lot of time with the less fortunate,' the actor said Thursday at the Television Critics Association's summer meeting.

'I saw some, I call it `sorry celebrities.' They'll go down there and hook up with the people to take a photo-op. I said, `How disgusting.' If you're not going to go down there with a check and a hammer and a nail to help the people, don't go down there.'
Celebrities aren't the only photo-op whores taking advantage of Katrina. There were many political figures from both sides of the aisle that zoomed in for a Kodak moment. I may not think much of Mr. T's acting ability but I can't fault him using his star status to actually help out those less fortunate. Especially when he calls out all the hypocrites.

No comments: