Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Friday, July 14, 2006

Of Cabbages and Kings

Some things of no particular importance.

First, we men used to have a saying that if you missed your period you were in trouble. We men that were COBOL programmers. COBOL is a language full of divisions, sections, statements paragraphs, all having to end with a period. If you forgot the period, the compiler would upchuck your code all over your printer. Then you would scour the program listing trying to find your problem and there it was, you missed your period.

I said all that to say this; I have fixed the "folding" function in my Blogger template. The culprit; a left curly bracket. The CSS wasn't properly closed with a right curly bracket And I kept scanning over it because there was a left curly bracket in it's place. Finally through patience, diligence and an editor that color codes style sheet elements, making errors stick out like Michael Moore in a Chippendale dance line. So I fixed it and all is right with the world.

Which brings me to point two. Said editor is the CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2006. A feature rich editor that among other things, displays CSS elements in a hot pink. I am an official CoffeeCup Ambassador as evidence by the HUGE mucking banner in my sidebar. I have been using CoffeeCup for about six years on web pages. I recently discovered that is is great for testing Blogger template changes. Free trial and great price with lifetime updates. Check them out.

Point three; Phase Two of my vacation begins in August when I head over to Indianapolis for GENCON. It is the largest game convention of the year and promises to be a lot of fun. I will be posting from there which will include hosting a catagory of The Blogs of Summer

No comments: