So if the government wants to show the film they have to amend their Guidance Notes to Teachers to make clear that:
- The Film is a political work and promotes only one side of the argument.
- If teachers present the Film without making this plain they may be in breach of section 406 of the Education Act 1996 and guilty of political indoctrination.
- Eleven inaccuracies have to be specifically drawn to the attention of school children.
Wow. Wouldn't it be great if political indoctrination was illegal in our schools? I have stated (or parroted) that "Global Warming" is nothing more than a liberal political construct. A bogeyman to scare people into listening to liberal policy makers and a club to use on big business in the name of the environment. The Brits now acknowledge that Al Gores shlockumentary is politically motivated and scientifically inaccurate. Here are the 11 areas they have identified (emphasis mine):
- The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Government's expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.
- The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years. The Court found that the film was misleading: over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.
- The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that it was “not possible” to attribute one-off events to global warming.
- The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that this was not the case.
- The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice. It turned out that Mr Gore had misread the study. Fact is four polar bears drowned but this was because of a particularly violent storm.
- The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream throwing Europe into an ice age. The Claimant's evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.
- The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching. The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.
- The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt causing sea levels to rise dangerously. The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia.
- The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.
- The film suggests that sea levels could rise by 7m causing the displacement of millions of people. In fact the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40cm over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.
- The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand. The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim
Since this took place in Europe I am sure the Greenies and Gore-lovers will scoff at the court's findings. They will come up with a 101 excuses for the apparent inaccuracies but most importantly they will continue unabated to try to force "Global Warming" legislature down the throats of the rest of us.