Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Quick Thoughts

The Election

I was sad to see John Edwards drop put of the race. No, I don't think he had any chance of winning nor do I think that anything he stands for is of any value. I liked him in the race because he was cute and cuddly and people who like that sort of thing in politics would have voted for him. Every vote for him was a vote NOT for Hilary.

 

Dennis Kucinich is quickly (but far too late) becoming a non-entity. I saw a campaign ad for his congressional opponent which took Dennis the Menace to task for his absenteeism in congress. DK has a hard re-election fight ahead.

 

On the republican side Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani have exited the arena. So much for star power. Sure both men had real political credentials but I don't think they were banking on those to get the nomination.

 

Now I am really in a bind. It looks like McCain may get the nomination. Romney's still a contender but I do not like either of them.  It will be interesting to see the results of Super Tuesday.

 

The Super Bowl

Who was playing anyway? Seriously. I am so out of touch with football I didn't know who was playing until somebody mentioned it Sunday night. I'm sure the Patriots' heartache was compounded by everything they lost in the last couple minutes of the game. C'est la vie. I am in the middle of watching all the Super bowl commercials on the web though. I never miss them (except when they originally air that is.)

 

 

Blog Template

I have been playing with my template even more. You won't notice (unless you go to Bramage Report) because It looks the same as it does now. I am trying to upgrade to a Blogger 2 type of template and keep all the functionality I currently have. There are some major road bumps:

        The comics will not display (except for Day by Day). The reason is the new Blogger template uses an XML parser and the JavaScript code I use to format the URL is rejected. There is no getting around this. I understand there are some workarounds but nothing quick and easy like the document.write statement I currently use.  If you know of a quick way to fix it I will be very appreciative of your help.

        Haloscan Comments. This may be a non-issue since most people have been using the Blogger comments since I turned them on.  I know there is w way to get them to work with the new template. I just haven't worked out whether I want to keep them yet.

        Testing. My HTML editor does not display the new Blogger template. So testing the code, CSS and widgets gets difficult. Fortunately I have an extra Blogger blog or two to try things out.

 

On the upside Blogger is very helpful with instruction on how to code in the new template.

 

Personal Note

I was in the hospital last Thursday for outpatient surgery. Everything went well but I won't know the results for a couple weeks. I appreciate the prayers and apologize for not posting very much during my recovery.  All I have been able to do lately is sleep and play SupCom FA.  

NOTE: This post was via email and for some reason between MS Outlook and Blogger the spaces between sections has grown tremendously. Another blog related item to work on.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Hope your results are good, too. Glad to see you back on the boards.

orneryswife said...

Best wishes for a super speedy recovery and prayers for good test results. Missing your Thursday Thirteen posts. Hope you are back up to speed PDQ!
TM

Karlo said...

It's nice to hear that someone else missed the Superbowl.