Thursday Thirteen #69
13 Things About Dane Bramage
13 TV Shows I would Like to Be a Character On.
Ever wanted to be one of the "Friends"? Me neither they were weird. But there were plenty other shows that I watched and thought, "Hey it would be cool to be a character on that show." So here are 13 shows that I would like to have been a character on.
- Star Trek Man ever since I was a kid I wanted to boldly go where no man had gone before. I could have been a bridge officer. I quickly learned that I didn't want to wear a red shirt on that ship though.
- The Name of The Game I imagined myself working for Gene Barry as the editor/reporter of his only Black magazine. These days though I think reporters rarely investigate beyond their hotels.
- Search Hi tech spy/anti-terrorist organization. I would have liked to be a base operative working with Burgess Meredith
- Space 1999 I would have liked to been on Moon Base Alpha when it took off and started exploring the galaxy.
- Dr. Who How cool would it be to go tooling around the time-space continuum with Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy? The current Doctor isn't bad but his writers can get preachy and anti-American at times.
- UFO I know this is the third British Sci-Fi show in a row but they did have some good ones. I thought it would be great to be part of a super secret defense force protecting the Earth from alien invaders. I think I would be an interceptor pilot blowing UFOs out of space before they reach Earth.
- Hill Street Blues I thought it would be cool to be one of the men in blue of the Hill Street precinct. I don't do undercover well so I guess I would be a hard nosed, by-the-book detective.
- Star Trek: Voyager I confess I had doubts about the show in the beginning but it grew on me. I wanted to be an officer who ultimately married the voluptuous and deadly Seven of Nine. She could assimilate me anytime.
- TimeTrax I wanted to be a second cop sent to the past to recapture escaped felons from the future.
- M*A*S*H You know they had a black doctor at the 4077th for the first episode(I guess they didn't feel comfortable calling him Spear-Chucker). I thought they needed one. Before Larry Linville left, I wanted to be a Black Winchester. Mad skills, sharp wit, high intellect, and class with a capital C. They must have thought the same way but made him white.
- Northern Exposure I thought that after the neurotic jewish doctor left, a funky fresh black urban doctor could set up practice in Cicely.
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer I was feeling too old to be one of the "Scooby Gang" but I could see myself as a militant watcher type of person. Special training and techno/arcane gadgets to fight evil darkness.
- Starrgate Atlantis Taking up residence in the Pegasus galaxy as a member of the military team. Or sometimes I imagine my character as a resident alien fighting the good fight against the Wraith.
So is there a show you wanted to be part of?
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants