Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bouncing Baby Pope Vows to Work to Unify Christians

New Pope Vows to Work to Unify Christians

Of course AP reused 80% of yesterdays' article and added a couple of color comments. My favorite is
Evelyn Strauch, a 54-year-old housewife from Ratzinger's home state of Bavaria, buried her head in her hands and wept as she stood in St. Peter's.

"This can't be true," she said. "I had hoped so much that we would get a good pope who would do something for women. ... This is so terrible."

It didn't take long for the left to come out against Benedict XVI. Words like Nazi were used to describe the new pontiff. Well I am no Catholic but I believe that whomever is pope has a tremendous amount of power. It would be best for the whole world if the guy was a good, moral, stable person. I think BXVI fits that bill. Besides if this many leftist oppose his being pope, I am all for him.

Update: The new pope is still alive according to Liberal Larry. Also Dane Bramage visits the linkfest over at Outside the Beltway

No comments: