Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Ranting

Well I guess the big news out of the Potomac Primaries is that Hillary is now trailing Barack in delegates. Sweet! People are falling all over themselves to endorse Obama, even former Clinton campaigners. Not that I would vote for either of them. It is just fun watching the drama.

On the GOP side of things, since Romney dropped out, McCain is pretty much running away with the nomination race. His "camp" has called for Huckabee to drop out. Interestingly enough his "camp" hasn't said a word to basement dwelling Ron Paul.

I had decided to start pulling for Mike Huckabee even before the primaries. Why? Because I have too many liberal friends. You see I was at a social gathering Saturday night and most of the guests were liberal. Not quite moonbat caliber but bleeding heart intellectual elitists none the less. And as things have it the conversation turned to politics. Hilary this and Obama that. They didn’t have anything bad to say about McCain which scared me to death but they unanimously declared Mike Huckabee a religious fanatic. This shocked me because as Baptists go, Huckabee is even to the left of me. Oh they weren’t against religion per se, just fanatics and I guess if you quote the Bible and are vocal Pro-life you are a fanatic. I wonder how they feel about me going door to door telling people about Jesus. If Huckbee's a fanatic, then I'm a total nut job.

According to them the world’s problems are caused by religious fanatics. Not one of them mentioned Islam though, the fanatics that concerned them are American Christian Conservatives. You know, those slow thinking superstitious don’t-believe-in-evolution Christians. And apparently Mike Huckabee embodies all that is evil about Christianity and can’t be allowed to be President under any circumstances.

Wow. They had less objection to a Mormon running for POTUS that they have for a Baptist. Since I was not committed to McCain anyway I think it is time to start rooting for the underdog. He is far more conservative than McCain AND he has the added power to scare the hell out of liberals. Go Mike.

1 comment:

Kaleb Stuart said...

This was a lovely bblog post