Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Events for Gay Olympics

I was made aware that there is a gay olympics. The Gay Games are held in July this year in Chicago. The reason it is on my radar is that OneMillionMoms.com is outraged that a sponsor for the games is Kraft. You know Kraft, they make Macaroni and cheese. A food group unto itself and a staple in any kid's diet. And not to mention all the candies they make. There is no mention of the Gay Games anywhere on Kraft's website but the folks at OneMillionMoms have launched an email campaign against the food giant.

And they should. Kraft cannot claim to be pro-family and support gay causes. I wouldn't be surprised if Kraft didn't supply fruits for the games. I will be keeping an eye out to see if Kraft is involved but is not advertising it for obvious reasons.

Anyway I wonder what kind of events you have at a gay olympics. Obviously they must be different from regular olympic events or the gay atheletes would just compete with the normal olympic caliber atheletes every four years right? Well I really wasn't that interested in the ACTUAL events so without venturing to the site of the Gay Games I have come up with my own list of 10 Gay Games events. Feel free to add to the list in the comments.
  • Swimming - 100 meter Butt Stroke
  • Swimming - Rhythmic Hot Tub Sitting - Team Event
  • Synchronized Swimming - Duet - Breath Holding (no swallow)
  • Bi-athalon - 10 km Both Ways Walk
  • Athletics - Sailor Pickup
  • Athletics - Pole Mount
  • Athletics - 50 km Sissy Walk
  • Shooting - Dodge 50 m Pistol
  • Equestrian - Team Dressing
  • Archery - Men's Team Shaft Grab
I could go on but why. Show me your events in the comments.

No comments: