Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Monday, January 02, 2006

Cutting Edge Of Ecstasy: Defining Diversity

First Hat Tip of the new year goes to Mark at Cutting Edge of Ectasy. I read about Ted Hayes and Dome Village in Los Angeles last week. I had intended to post about it but Mark beat me to it. Since one of my resolutinons this year is to work smarter and not harder (read as "be as lazy as possible") I will point you his take on it.

His post: Defining Diversity tells how Hayes' dream of sheltering homeless people in downtown L.A. has come to an end. After 12 years, the land owner has raised the rent on the homeless domes from $2,500 a month to over $18,000 a month. The reason? The landlord found out Mr. Hayses is a conservative black Republican. Oddly the Democrats have not said anything on the subject. Ah diversity. The more you deal with Democrats, "diverse" it gets.

No comments: