Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #27

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Thursday Thirteen #27


13 things about Dane Bramage

The 13 Home Repair and Improvement Projects I Have to Do
Well before I can keep my New Years Resolution to do work around the house I guess I should at least get a preliminary list of things to do. In no particular order here are 13 things I have to get done around the house.
  1. Paint the Living Room "Completely Redo the Living Room" would be a better project but I will split it up. Painting will get rid of those lovely scribbly crayon marks. Does Crayola subsidize home improvement? They SHOULD!

  2. New Carpet for the Living Room I don't know what the old color was. The current color is "Stained". If there is a fluid that can discolor fabric then it is represented in my carpet.

  3. Replace Gutters A storm brought down my gutters and I managed to get them back up but they are in sad shape. I'd love to get the kind that you don't have to clean the leaves out of.

  4. Repair the Deck I would just love to tear it down and rebuild but I am not made of money. I will have to be happy replacing missing boards and staining and sealing.

  5. Fix the Roof of the Garage A project that has been in the works since I moved in but since I only use the garage for storage it hasn't been an issue.

  6. De-stenchify the Basement Living on top of seven cats and a dog is odoriferous to say the least. I am worried because I have been told that the smell of cats is particularly difficult to get rid of. I am already considering professionals when the time comes.


  7. The rest of the list is below the fold. Go to the end of the post and click "We want to read more!"

  8. Appliance Replacement My washer and dryer have given up the ghost. When my friend moves out I will need to get replacements. I may replace the refrigerator and stove as well.

  9. New Furniture for the Living Room The living room is just that, the place where my family lives. When I moved in the furniture was new. Now it bears the scars of extreme wear and tear. The kids have played and slept on it for three years.

  10. Work on the Lawn I have a brown thumb. My front lawn looks so anemic. I had professionals come out every month the first year I was here and it turned out to be a waste of money. I will have to get aggressive!

  11. Relocate My Office I may or may not move my office. I thought that if I move it to the attic wit my bedroom it would free up another room which I might turn into a guest room or a home theater. But I kind of like having the office on the first floor. We'll have to see.

  12. Rumpus Room To take some of the stress off of the living room I thought I would build a rumpus room in the basement.

  13. Replace the Central Air Conditioner It is on it's last leg and it probably won't last another summer.

  14. New Bed for My Bedroom I promised myself shortly after I moved in that I would replace that old piece of junk but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I don't think I will get to all of them this year. A lot depends on other factors and how much money and help I can get. But that's the short list.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: