Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 26

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday Thirteen #26


13 things about Dane Bramage

13 Favorite Bible Verses

Get out your Good Book, King James only please. I am going to share 13 of my favorite Bible verses. The Bible is still the most quoted literary work in the world, in history probably. There is a verse for everything. When my ex-girlfriend refused my marriage proposal she quoted Romans 1:13 "Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren". I was crushed and begged her to reconsider and all she would say is "Sir, you're holding up the line. Please pull up to the next window to get your food and quit bothering me." Okay maybe that didn't happen but the point is valid. you can find a verse for every situation.
  1. Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. This is my life's verse. I quit worrying about food and shelter trusting that the Lord would provide what I need. Amazingly after trusting in Christ my stress level decreased dramatically and I no longer have insomnia or stomach problems. Probably because of the next verse;

  2. Psalm 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. I used to lay awake at night with worries, sometimes not sleeping at all. That hasn't happened now in 13 years. I am asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. Praise God.

  3. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And He didn't do it with a bang, big or otherwise. It amazes me that we live in a world where everything we have is created by some means or other but people think that the universe just happened.

  4. John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. Ever meet people who claim to be Christian and tell you how much they love Jesus but they live like heathens? The proof of a person's love for Christ is whether or not they are living a Christian life to the best of their abilities. Jesus Himself said this. Don't tell me how much you love Jesus; show me.

  5. Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: No one can earn their way into Heaven. Only by God's unmerited favor can we see the golden streets.

  6. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. When I got saved Jesus gave me eternal life. It is something I have now. I am 100% sure that when I die, whenever it will happen, I have a home in heaven. I have Jesus' Word on it right here.

  7. The rest of the post is below the fold. Go to the end of the post and click "We want to read more!"
  8. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jesus said this to Nicodemus and it has become perhaps the most famous Bible quote of all. So simple and yet so very deep at the same time. Praise the Lord!

  9. Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. So if I come knocking on your door someday this is why. Jesus gave the Great Commission not only in the book of Mark but in all the Gospels and the book of Acts. It must be important for Him to say it five times.

  10. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Nobody is perfect. God knows this and says so right here. It's why we need a Saviour.

  11. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Everybody is a sinner. EVERYBODY!

  12. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Jesus died to pay for our sins.

  13. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Salvation is a gift, one we cannot earn but only accept.

  14. Romans 10:13 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. And that is how we accept Him. Pray and ask Him to be our Saviour and believe that He is the Son of God and that he rose from the dead. It is really that simple.

Many people think that the Bible is some kind of road map to Heaven and that if you read it and keep the commandments you get to go there. The truth is the last 5 verses I shared with you is all a person needs to understand in order to go to Heaven. The Bible is a blueprint for living to those of us who are going to Heaven. If you have a life's verse or just a favorite leave it in the comments.


1. Caylynn
2. SciFiChick
3. JAM
4. KarenW
5. Raggedy
6. Christine
7. my 2 cents
8. annb
9. Lisa
10.colleen gleason
11. laura
12. she
13. Christine d'Abo
14. ancsweetnsassygal
15. Gette
16. East of Oregon
17. East of Oregon


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: