Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Origins Day One

Actually it is day two because I got down here yesterday and played more games yesterday (before the official start of the game fair) than I did during all of last year. I know, I know, last year I had some systemic infection and spent the first three nights and two days in feverish sleep and I didn't have much time for anything else. Hmmm. Maybe I'm making up for the games I had to miss (after I had already paid for them).

Anyway I am having a bona fide blast. So far it has been card games. Blender Munchkin (that's where you mix all the different versions of Munchkin together) lasted three hours. Ninja Burger the card game lasted one and a half hours. Hex Hex ran two and a half hours and I won a tee shirt. (It says "I was victorious with Rogue Judges ...but all I got was this gratuitous product placement") It is even in my size! Woo Hoo!

Tomorrow I have three events (roughly 8 hours of playing time) scheduled. Looking forward to it. I only wish more of my friends could have made it. There was a time when six or eight of us would carpool to a convention like this. We'd cram into one room and see how long we could go without sleep the whole weekend. Good times, good times. But now it seems that everyone is too busy. I came down with one friend. I ran into another guy who could only stay today. Oh well. I will just have to have fun for the rest of them.

More tomorrow with pictures.

No comments: