Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Friday, April 08, 2005

Class Act

The headline didn't surprise me. Bush, Clinton Disagree on Pope's Legacy Being as different as right and wrong I didn't think these two could come to any consensus concerning spiritual subjects. But President Bush continues to impress me as a very humble devout and classy man.

On Thursday, Bush _ eager to remain out of the limelight and keep the focus on
the pope met privately with Italian leaders and U.S. Catholic leaders in town for the funeral.

I am so glad that Jimmy Carter didn't get invited. I am more than just a little annoyed at his grand standing lately. He seems to have forgotten the unwritten rule about former Presidents not bad mouthing sitting Presidents. I think Mr. Carter would have taken the opportunity to talk up a storm in Rome criticizing President Bush's administration yet again. He has been such a spotlight whore lately I think he would have tried to detract some attention to himself, unlike our President who always kept in mind the purpose for the trip.

UPDATE: Well it appears Carter was invited but declined. Then several moonbats made it seem like Carter was forced to decline by being led to believe there was no room. Again they blame Bush.

No comments: