Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

So If Your Name is Kevin, Why is This Blog Called Dane Bramage?

Who is Dane Bramage? Dane was a character I had come up with for a game I played briefly. He was tough as nails and supremely confident in himself and his ability to handle anything that came his way. He was a few bricks shy of a full load but it didn't stop him. Picture a cross between Sledgehammer and The Tick. There wasn't anything that Dane couldn't figure out. 99% of the time he was completely wrong, and when he inevitably brought the situation to a favorable conclusion through dumb luck, it only reinforced his notion that the world was exactly as he saw it. Everyone else, who could see the world as it truly was, were completely mystified as to how Dane survived so long. His way of looking at things was so foreign people some times wondered if Dane was from outer space.

Today I often feel like Dane Bramage. When I see things like the near election of JF Kerry for president, the coddling of Islamofacists for the sake of political correctness, anti-war protestors hindering armed forces recruiters, and the court-ordered starving of a helpless woman, I believe that the world has the wrong view on things. And I sometimes think that I am the only one to see it that way. It is obvious to me that these are symptoms of a society turning away from God. Leading the charge away from the Saviour is the liberal left. So I am watching them and commenting on some of what I see. I know not everything is their fault it is just that they are easy to make fun of. I realize that my views and opinions are in a minority. But I am sure I am right. Just like Dane Bramage.

No comments: