Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Friday, April 08, 2005

Weirdness (This is Only a Test)

Like I said earlier I am trying to get a feel for this blog thing. So in order to test the a technical aspect, am posting this.
Today I had to pick up my brother-in-law. He's been dead for three weeks so understandably he had nothing to say. He lost a lot of weight too. All of it water. He was cremated and I went to the funeral home to get his ashes. I wasn't expecting a little white box with a self adhesive label. His name was typed out very neatly on the label. I sat him on the front passenger seat and while I drove back to work my mind kept jumping from how he looked the last time he sat in that seat alive (3 ½ weeks ago) and what he looked like now. Weird. I didn't open the box. I will give it to his daughter but I doubt if she will open it. I suspect he will be put up until a more appropriate container is purchased or until curious little rug rats are old enough to know not to scatter Grandpa all over the carpet.

No comments: