Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Friday, April 20, 2007

Warm Up the Fatwas!

‘Cuz its prophet bashing time!  My little sidebar doodad says today is the birthday of that murdering pedophile and leader of Islam Muhammad. Strange, there is no overwhelming feeling of peace on Earth or goodwill to men. Nope it is pretty much like any other day. In fact according to my sister who claims to follow the teachings of Islam, Muslims don’t celebrate birthdays. (I say claim because she like many who claim to be Christian follow only a narrow set of rules and doctrines). Maybe they will celebrate by not blowing themselves and some innocent bystanders apart. Or maybe they won’t kill me for saying things like “It is a historically proven fact that Muhammad had sex with twelve year old girls.”  Not quite the gleaming example my Saviour Jesus Christ left to His followers. On one hand you have “Hey I’ll sleep with your little girls and tell you it’s okay to kill infidels! In fact if you’re a martyr then you can have 72 virgins in heaven”.  On the other hand you have, John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. So I don't really care if Islam celebrates the birth of the murderous freak job in whose name they are willing to slaughter innocent school children. I rejoice daily that Jesus died for me out of love. And His example teaches me to love my enemies and to spread the Word of Truth, not with a sword of steel but with the Sword of the Spirit.

No comments: