Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #38

Image Hosted by

Thursday Thirteen #38

13 things about Dane Bramage

13 Bits of Workplace Wisdom

I know this is soooo late. But I got buried at work for a project and we are short handed (looking to hire three new people immediately!) When that happens my home time gets compromised. I am remodeling my living room and I have Spring Program at church and, well you get the idea. I am busy. But I am also blessed! Good 'ole Scott emailed me some list fodder and since this one is work related, I threw it into my handy dandy T13 Template and Voila! So enjoy these 13 pieces of Workplace Wisdom.

  1. The first 90% of project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  2. If you can't get your work done in the first 24 hours, work nights.

  3. Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

  4. After any salary raise, you will have less money at the end of the month than you did before

  5. You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.

  6. Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.

  7. If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a fool about it.

  8. Arriving to work early sets an expectation that your less ambitious co-workers will not appreciate.

  9. To err is human, to forgive is not a part of company policy.

  10. Important letters that contain no errors will develop errors in the mail.

  11. If you are good, you will be assigned all the work. If you are really good, you will get out of it.

  12. If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.

  13. The last person that quit or was fired will be blamed for everything that goes wrong.

Thanks again to my buddy Scott for coming through for me at the last minute. Now that you have proven yourself dependable and competent you can never slack off again! (Tidbit #14!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: