Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

PGH: Quotable Saddam

The new Precision Guided Humor Assignment is in at The Alliance. This weeks’ question: What will be the most memorable quotes to emerge from the trial of Saddam Hussein?

The best quote will be from Saddam’s lawyer trying to explain away the mass graves:
“Genocide? My client is not guilty of genocide. My client merely enacted a program of population restructuring along ethnic lines. A program he was fully authorized to use as the beloved leader of a sovereign nation. A program used by many leaders before and since!”


Of course the best quotes will be from Saddam himself. But they are not likely to be permitted in court. Here are some highlights from Saddam’s incarceration:
Saddam and the prison population
“Keep an eye out as I go over the fence. Silence fool! You’ll alert the guards! Stop screaming! No! No! I was not trying to escape. I was OWWWW! OWWWW! MY SPLEEN!”

Saddam and the guards
“Your sister was what? Well I told my boys not to build those rooms, but you know kids they never OWWWW! OWWWW! MY SPLEEN!”

Saddam and his cellmate Bubba Al-Saddam-Azeer
“No I do not know how to squeal like a pig. I assure you your soap is not under there. What are you doing? OWWWW! OWWWW! MY SPLEEN!”


That Saddam. He really knows how to turn a colorful phrase. This has been a PGH Assignment.

No comments: