Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #40

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday Thirteen #40


13 things about Dane Bramage

13 Insults with Class

I get many things from friends in email. Karl sent me this list of insults, but they aren't your typical "Your Momma wears boxers" type insult. These are a thinking man's insult. Now just let me say that I have no way of knowing whether the people these quotes are attributed to actually said them. So if you know something and I don't then leave a comment and just take these in the spirit they are given, a mean vicious snide spirit!

  1. "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." -- Clarence Darrow

  2. "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -- Groucho Marx

  3. "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

  4. "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play. Bring a friend...if you have one." -- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

  5. "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second...if there is one." -- Winston Churchill, in response

  6. "I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." -- Stephen Bishop

  7. "He is a self-made man and worships his creator." -- John Bright

  8. "He has Van Gogh's ear for music." -- Billy Wilder

  9. "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -- Oscar Wilde

  10. "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." -- Irvin S. Cobb

  11. "He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others." -- Samuel Johnson

  12. "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination." -- Andrew Lang

  13. "There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure." -- Jack E. Leonard

People don't insult each other like they used to. The email had another 15 insults so I will save them for another T13.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: