Because Everybody Is Entitled To My Opinion

"O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, . . . in wrath remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2).
"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Psalm 85:6)

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #76



Thursday Thirteen #76


13 Things About Dane Bramage
13 Things about Me Beggining with J


I have seen a lot of Thursday Thirteens about descriptive words beginning with the same letter. I decided to do one using the letter J. I don't know why I chose J. But I did.

  1. jannock* This is me to a tee.

  2. jeremiad Some of my posts are this, especially when I am upset about the direction America is headed.

  3. jocose My mood most of the time.

  4. jolterhead Most of the people I deal with daily.

  5. joss** Don't believe in it.

  6. jink I have discovered to my chagrin that I can no longer do this due to size and age.

  7. jiffy The time frame people want things done by me but never for me.

  8. jettatura* I get this from liberals all the time.

  9. jejune How I find most of television especially reality shows

  10. jentacular* I have been avoiding items of this nature which is wrong since they are the most important of the day.

  11. jacobin What I try to expose and combat. The raison d'etre of Dane Bramage.

  12. jejunator* I am one from time to time. For spiritual reasons.

  13. jacent This is me in the morning. Not a morning person

Well in case you haven't guessed it, I used some pretty uncommon and unusual words. Hopfully with my dictionary widget you can double click on the word and the definition pops up in another window. Words denoted with * are not found in that dictionary however. The word joss is but the definition does not apply to me. You can find all the J words and their definitions here.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

16 comments:

kay said...

Well, you certainly taught me a thing or two.

Happt TT.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

You are learning so many new words

Anonymous said...

Jolly good!

Anonymous said...

A dictionary, lol. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Whoof!!! Happy T13!!

Jennifer said...

Well, I certainly learned something this week. Probably won't be using these words with my 8th grade students though. :)

I am TTing my way through the alphabet as well. http://eatingitup.blogspot.com/2008/04/c-is-for-casserole.html

(wish I knew how to hyperlink my comments)

Anonymous said...

C'mon now, you're making me think too early in the morning! Guess I'll have to come back and visit a second time and use that dictionary. Ha. Great T13. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Darla said...

Oh, very cool. I love unusual words. Thanks for including the link to the Phrontistery--I'll be bookmarking it!

Ananya said...

Absolutely cool! I have updated my vocabulary!:) that was a pretty neat list! Thanks for the visit on mine and the comment!

Anonymous said...

Another wonderfully creative list! I learn something every time I visit your blog :)

Eve said...

I found your source and deciphered all the meanings. Great exercise for your loyal readers. I picked up a few others for my post today, too.

Denise Patrick said...

Very clever TT! I learned a few new words today. Thanks!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I just love learning new words. Thanks for sharing your passion for language and words! :)

Happy TT!

Natalie said...

Wow...I'd never heard of most of those words before.

Tempest Knight said...

*LOL* Totally funny!

Cindy Swanson said...

OK, you made me look up "jink"! This TT is right up my alley. I adore words, and I like learning new ones!